Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Good Faith Mortgage - Gary Gugliotti - Charleston SC Lender



My name is Gary Gugliotti. I am originally from Harwinton Connecticut, but I have been calling Charleston my home for about 13 years now. I am married and a father of two, a wonderful girl 14 and a fantastic son aged 8. I am a mortgage professional with Good Faith Mortgage. I like to approach every loan that I do as if it were going to be my loan. I take the time to understand what my clients want, and I try to help them achieve that. But I won’t put them in loans that are going to be bad for them, and be too much for them to handle every month. Sometimes borrowers don’t want to hear that they should be looking for a lower priced house, but I think they appreciate it in the long run.

Look at what is happening around the country right now. People are losing their homes because they can’t afford to pay for their mortgages. Why? Well certainly you have to put some blame on the lenders, they came up with quite a few programs designed to put people in homes that maybe they shouldn’t have been able to purchase to begin with. You also have to lay blame on mortgage brokers who sold products to people that were clearly not good for them. Often times mortgage brokers put their needs ahead of their clients, and that is totally unacceptable. And you have to lay blame on the borrower’s themselves. Many times people want bigger and better, hey it’s human nature. But you need to be realistic. If you make $35,000 a year and are financing $400,000 with an adjustable rate---It’s probably not going to end well.

That’s why if you are in the market for a mortgage you need to have confidence in your mortgage professional. Make sure they are working for your best interests, not theirs. I know that this is the type of business I am running and it shows. Even in a real estate slowdown our company is still doing a good bit of business. Why? Because people trust us. They come back time and time again, and what’s more they refer their friends, family, and neighbors. For me the mortgage business is all about helping people---not to take advantage of them. Now is a great time to purchase a home, rates are good and it is a buyer’s market but make sure you align yourself with a mortgage professional that is truly going to look out for your best interests. If you have any questions please feel free to e-mail me at gary.gugliotti@goodfaithusa.com

No comments:

SEARCH CHARLESTON SC MLS